Leather skirts are feminine, versatile, and timeless. They come in a variety of cuts and colors that flatter every body type, from banana to hour glass. When accessorized correctly, a leather skirt can become appropriate for the office, club, or casual get-together.
For this look, I paired the leather skirt with a leather corset and white tee underneath. I was going for a casual look and adding the tee was ideal for that.
I love that the skirt has a slit which allows for easier movement since the skirt is figure hugging. For accessories, I tied a scarf around the neck for a Parisian chic look, added a red tiny bag and leopard print heels to tie the whole look together.
Women’s body shapes are very different and not every leather skirt design will work for every body type. That said, here are things to consider when picking a leather skirt for your body type:
1. Find the perfect skirt to accentuate your pear shape. A woman’s figure is classified as pear-shaped if her hips are the widest part of her body. Women with pear-shaped figures want to accentuate their narrow waist while minimizing their wide hips. A high-waisted a-line skirt is the ideal leather skirt for a woman with this figure.
- Lengthen your figure by wearing an a-line skirt that hits just below your knees.
- If you want to draw attention to your curves, wear a high-waisted pencil skirt
2. Choose the right skirt to complement your banana shape. The banana figure is used to describe women with few curves—there is little distinction between the size of their shoulders and the width of their hips. While every type of leather skirt will flatter this figure, the ideal leather skirt for women with a banana shape is one the creates the illusion of curves.
- If you prefer pencil skirts, select a leather skirt with a peplum.
- If you like to wear mini-skirts, find one that rests just below your hips and curves out gently. Origami, or envelope, skirts are great options—these form-fitting skirts will show off any curves you do have and their short hemlines will feature your slim legs
3. Pick the right skirt to highlight your hourglass figure. Women with an hourglass figure have a curvy bust, narrow waist, and shapely hips. If you are blessed with this figure, wear leather skirts that show off your natural curves. Appropriate styles include pencil skirts and high-waisted skirts.
- High-waisted skirts with flowy fabric are ideal for women that want to minimize their midsection.
4. Select the perfect skirt for your apple shape. People with an apple figure have a slim lower body—their chest is wider than their hips. They also tend to carry weight in their midsection. The ideal skirt for women with an apple shape is one that balances their curvy upper body with their narrow hips. Find a full-volume leather skirt that is cinched at the waist, such as a high-waisted flouncy skirt.
- When appropriate, show off your incredible legs with a short hemline.
- High-waisted, flouncy skirts will give you the illusion of a narrow waist while minimizing your midsection
And there you have it, useful tips for styling and selecting the perfect leather skirt for your body shape.
Leather corset & leather pencil skirt: Vostilook
Red Small Bag: Sukra_salah
Scarf: Stylists own
Styling: Lady Mandy
Photography: Sungit Diaries
Makeup: Nzilani Kimani
[shopr_shopthepost collection=”leather-on-leather” size=”large”]